We believe that clients who ultimately benefit the most from our services understand something very important about behavioral finance, proven time and time again: Investors are not hardwired to make rational decisions when confronted with emotional, challenging facts with regard to their investments.
We generate a great deal of value as financial advisors by understanding this. A large part of our jobs is to act as a barrier between investors and their own worst instincts. We help to provide a buffer between both the Buy & Sell button.
We know that over our clients’ lifetimes there will be economic, political, and market events that will create significant emotional hurdles. Our mission is to assist them to clear these obstacles.
But you don’t only hire a financial advisor simply to talk you off the ledge during the inevitable bouts of turmoil we will face in the future. You hire them to help you with major issues similar to, but not limited to, these situations:
- Let you live the life you have earned, but may be ill equipped on your own to acknowledge is actually possible. You may be nearing retirement and unsure of when, how, and to what extent you can draw sustainable income off your investments. A well-prepared financial advisor will help you not only plan for this, but will ensure that you don’t get in your own way.
- Determine if you are able to pay for your children or grandchildren’s college education.
- Identify and plan for the amount of money, above and beyond your day-to-day expenses, cover things like travel, a second home and any philanthropic goals.
We have taken specific steps to ensure a few very important things when it came to the construction of our practice:
- We are a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), and act solely as fiduciaries to our clients. A fiduciary is someone who has the legal obligation to do what is right for the other person in the relationship – like a lawyer, doctor, or accountant.
- Our planning professionals are all CFP® professionals who have successfully undergone the rigors involved in earning the prestigious designation (to learn more about the designation please visit: www.letsmakeaplan.org).
- Our CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals assist clients in the development and maintenance of financial plans.
The bottom line is you should be thinking about hiring a firm that can be a wealth manager, financial advisor and a financial planner to assist you in best utilizing your means to accomplish the various ends you have in mind for your lifetime.